Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fast Food Sunday



Boy do I feel like a failure.
Here is a conversation Emily and I had on the way home from church today.
Emily: I'm hungry! Can we stop and get some food?
Me: (Give her a strange look.) NO
Emily: I want to go to Checkers.
Me: No
Emily: Why? Today at church they said it was fast food Sunday.
Me: Burst out lauging - no it's fast Sunday.
Emily: What? Why are you laughing?
Me: Is that what you think fast Sunday is? You get fast food on Sunday?
Emily: She smiles and looks embarrassed-yes. Then she says does it mean that this Sunday goes by really fast?
Me: (Laughing) No, it means just the opposite - you don't eat all day and it makes the day seem really long!
laughed all the way home. Wouldn't that be great if fast sunday was really fast food Sunday!?

6 comments:

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Awesome, tell her I like her idea. She looks gorgeous and good job on the post, better already.

Liz said...

Amy, that was a cute story. You are doing a great job.

Tiffany said...

Perfect blogging story. Yes, I agree that fast food sunday would be fabulous! Especially if it was every Sunday. my kids are fighting so I guess I have to go and hurt someone.

Johnny said...

Has Grampa George been driving her home from church? I bet that is where she got the idea of stopping for food.

Em Russ said...

Ha ha ha!! What a great story. It's funny how kid's minds work. Love Johnny's comment too!

Em Russ said...

P.S. She looks so cute. Where do you find dresses for her?